A Scarecrow cat from the Nizhny Novgorod region saved an entire entrance from a fire

A Scarecrow cat from the Nizhny Novgorod region saved an entire entrance from a fire

This story happened in the middle of December. A cat from the village of Gorodishche smelled smoke and attracted the attention of the owner, who was able to warn the housemates, the REN-TV channel reported.

"Despite the offensive nickname, the animal turned out to be forgettable. The cat was the first to feel the fire, which started at 2 a.m. She began to meow loudly and literally jump on her master to wake him up," the TV channel says. The owner of the Scarecrow Alexander Mashkovsky woke up thanks to the cat, opened the balcony and all the windows in the apartment and also ran to open the windows in the entrance and wake up the neighbors. 

"I opened the door — the smoke is coming. After all, in such fires it is enough to take only three breaths. Two. You do the latter automatically," said Oleg Maslov, a local resident. "It could have gone to these three apartments now and gone down below. Then I would be here at all... Let's just say — thanks to the cat who woke up and notified everyone in time," another local resident shared.

Rescuers who arrived at the scene found that the fire was caused by a short circuit of the electrical wiring in one of the apartments where antisocial individuals lived. The fire quickly spread to the mountains of garbage that the owners of the apartment were storing near the front door. Three residents of the apartment died.

"Big casualties were avoided thanks to the cat. Now the Scarecrow is a local celebrity. People from the surrounding houses come here to get to know the pet. Some even believe that an animal brings good luck. But in order for the charm to work you must definitely bring a delicious treat," the TV channel said.

Photo: © Screenshot of the REN-TV video